Friday, June 29, 2012

Under His Wings

One of my favorite illustrated stories from my Junior Church years was about the mama hen who protected her chicks when a fire swept through the farm. She spread her wings and tucked them close. When the farmer found the hen, she was dead. BUT, as he moved her, all her little chicks came scurrying out from underneath her... unharmed. So thankful my heavenly Father covers me.

He shall cover thee w
ith his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. ~ Psalm 91:4

Under His wings, oh, what precious enjoyment!
There will I hide till life's trials are o'er;
Sheltered, protected, no evil can harm me,
Resting in Jesus, I'm safe evermore.
(written by William Cushing in 1896; music composed by Ira D. Sankey)

No comments: