Monday, August 6, 2012

Growing Pains

As I received news today of a young couple welcoming their 3rd son into the world, I was reminded of a truth: There can be no growth without pain. Labor pains to bring a new baby into a family. "Growing pains" for a child to add another inch to the doorway. As I look back, I realize that each time there was growth, regardless of the area, it was ONLY after a tremendous battle, a trial of faith... a growing pain. I don't know what the Lord has planned, but I eagerly await to see how He will enlarge our coasts.

1 Chronicles 4:10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.

No comments: