Monday, June 18, 2012

Do We REALLY Desire Revival?

2 Chronicles 7:14: If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

humble: not proud or haughty: not arrogant or assertive: reflecting, expressing, or offered in a spirit of deference or submission (synonyms of note: meek, modest, unp

retentious)

The above verse is often linked to desiring revival. There is a definite list of things that need to occur BEFORE God will hear our cry for revival. There has always been one key factor when I have seen God move in on a church and true life-altering, habit-changing, revival break out - humbleness of individuals. "Lord, send a revival and let it begin in me." Why is this? Could it be that those church members pushed aside their pride and began to get right with God AND with each other? I believe so.

We can pray for revival. We can seek God's face through extra time in His Word, attending Bible study after Bible study and even by turning away from wrong things... but unless we are willing to humble ourselves before God and man, to make things right with each... God will not hear. He will not send revival.

No comments: